Hilo, (Big Island), Hawaii Climate & Temperature
- Hilo, (Big Island), Hawaii, Hawaii is at 19°43'N, 155°3'W, 10 m (34 ft). See map.
- Hilo, (Big Island), Hawaii has a tropical wet climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Af) with no dry or cold season as it is constantly moist (year-round rainfall).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Hilo, (Big Island), Hawaii is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 23.3 degrees Celsius (73.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 2.5 °C (4.5°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype extremely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 3281.5 mm (129.2 inches) which is equivalent to 3281.5 Litres/m² (80.49 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1656 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Hilo, (Big Island), Hawaii you would come out nearest to the climate station at Maun, Botswana where you would find a Subtropical steppe climate (Subtropical thorn woodland biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Hilo, (Big Island), Hawaii, Hawaii Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Midway Island, Hawaii - 2450.5 kms (1522.8 miles) WNW
- Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii - 512.3 kms (318.4 miles) WNW
- Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii - 350 kms (217.5 miles) WNW
- Kahului, Hi, United States Of America (Pacific Islands) - 194.5 kms (120.9 miles) NW
- Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii - 199.7 kms (124.1 miles) NW
- Napari, Tabuaeran, Kiribati - 1820.4 kms (1131.2 miles) SSW